Kaylin McFarren (Linda Yoshida) is a rare bird indeed. Not a migratory sort, she prefers to hug the West Coast and keep family within visiting range. Although she has virtually been around the world, she was born in California, relocated with her family to Washington, and nested with her husband in Oregon. In addition to playing an active role in his business endeavors, she has been involved in all aspects of their three daughters' lives - taxi duties, cheerleading coaching, script rehearsals, and relationship counseling, to name but a few. Now she enjoys spending undisciplined time with her two young grandsons and hopes to have many more.
- 2015 Readers' Favorite, Silver Medal Winner in the Fiction - Action category
- 2014 Shelf Unbound - Best Indie Book
- 2013 Eric Hoffer da Vinci Eye Awards - Finalist for cover artwork
- 2014 Readers' Favorite - Gold Medal in the Fiction - Adventure category
- 2014 Global Ebook Awards - Gold Medal Adult Fiction Category
- 2014 Global Ebook Awards - Bronze Medal Best Book Trailer Category
- 2014 eLit Awards Gold Medal, Mystery/Suspense/Thriller
- 2014 CLUE Awards First Place in Steamy/Action/Thriller
- 2014 National Indie Excellence Book Awards - Finalist, Best Cover Design
- 2014 IPPY Awards, Best Mystery/Thriller Ebook - Bronze Medalist
- 2014 Foreword Reviews Book of the Year Award, Finalist, Action & Adventure (Adult Fiction)
- 2014 Reader Views Reviewers Choice Awards, 1st Place for Romance
- 2014 Pacific Book Awards, 1st Place Adventure
- 2014 Winter, Great Beginnings Contest, Paranormal (Mystery), Chanticleer Book Reviews & Media, 1st Place
- 2012 Books & Authors Romance Books of the Year Awarded to Flaherty's Crossing and Severed Threads
- 2012 Severed Threads received Indie Book of the Day Award
Akira Hamada is driven by past failure. Two years earlier, she had a chance to kill her greatest enemy - Kaito Mitsui. Instead, the Yakuza boss forced her to become an assassin in his employ. Now, Akira carries out the bloody business of the notorious crime syndicate and hates herself more each day.
When Mitsui hears that his sister's murderer will be on the cruise ship Starfish, he immediately tasks Akira with eliminating the man once and for all. This is what Akira has trained for, but a series of strange events on the ship tests her resolve and shows her a way to redemption.
Devon Lyons, on the other hand, has nothing to do with assassins. He's merely accompanying his aunt and uncle, Sara and Paul Lyons, on a free cruise.
Little does he know that the two are the true targets of the charming Japanese tourist he has just met! Akira knows that either Sara or Paul is the killer but doesn't know which one. She hopes seducing the handsome Devon will lead to better intel, but she is surprised to find herself trusting him. And soon, the pair finds themselves fighting for their lives on the high seas.
Believing herself responsible for her father's fatal diving accident, Rachel Lyons has withdrawn from the world and assumed a safe position at a foundation office. When called upon by a museum director to assist her former love interest with the recovery of a cursed relic from a sunken Chinese merchant ship, she has no intention of cooperating - until her brother is kidnapped by a drug-dealing gangster. In order to save him and gain control over her own life, Rachel must not only overcome her greatest fears, but also relive the circumstances that lead to her father's death.
While enjoying a much-earned vacation in England, Rachel Lyons and Chase Cohen are introduced to a secret mystical society by her jet-setting uncle and shortly after, a collection of priceless Morris Graves' paintings turns up missing. Drawn into the mystery, the lovers and their salvage crew members take up residence at the Lyons' stately manor. However, acquiring the cooperation of locals and the Fraternal Brotherhood seems improvable, convincing Rachel to end their involvement - until she discovers the secret her uncle has been harboring for years…
Rachel Lyons and her partner Chase Cohen accept a contract to recover a lost priceless treasure in the Sea of Japan. However, upon arriving in Tokyo, they soon discover their mission is more complicated and dangerous than they originally believed. In order to prevent a natural disaster from striking Japan and killing millions, they must form an alliance with yakuza members, dive into shark-infested waters and recover three ancient cursed swords before time runs out.
From Pacific Northwest's award-winning author Kaylin McFarren comes a powerful novel about love, loss, and the power of forgiveness... Successful yet emotionally stifled artist Kate Flaherty stands at the deathbed of her estranged father, conflicted by his morphine-induced confession exposing his part in her mother's death. While racing home, Kate's car mishap leads her to a soul-searching discussion with a lone diner employee, prompting Kate to confront the true reasons her marriage hangs in the balance. When her night takes an unexpected turn, however, she flees for her life, a life desperate for faith that can only be found through her ability to forgive.